Header with Navigation

Wednesday 28 December 2016

Best of 2016



Here I'm back with another traditional blog post at the end of the year, ,my 2016 favourites!

So far, I didn't try that much new product this year but I'm trying to minimise my skincare routine and makeup collection as I don't see the point of having loads of makeup and don't get to use it.

My first favourite is my new discovery this year. I decided to jump on a bandwagon for the Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip, which to be honest, I don't think I'm gonna like it. As I ran out of my favourite NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in colour Stockholm, I decided to try the Colourpop in the colour Calypso as the NYX one ran out of stock everywhere, and I fall in love with this lipstick. The packaging I think is more beautiful than the NYX one and the formula is better. This last so long as I eat and also don't dry my lip out.

Since I come back from the UK, no matter how much powder I tried, I always turned back to the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder as it's transparent and keep my face look matte. I have nothing much to say about this powder because I think everyone knows how good it is.

And my yearly favourite could not complete without the YSL Youth Liberal Foundation, which I discovered when I was in Sweden. This is by far the best foundation I've tried. I know that this is so pricy, but I think it worth every SEK I spend. This foundation is not too dry and it's not matte which some people might not like but I think it's perfect without any powder on top even in summer time as I have a very dry skin.

Moving on to skincares, I discover the Mario Badescu Face Spray. I basically use it as the toner before I apply skincare and I found that my skin care absorb a lot quicker. Sometime before I apply makeup, I use this for a lil of moisture as well.

The next one is my random piece of skincare that I pick up in Arlanda Airport. I had a spot on my face, which wasn't go away for a week, and I try this before I get on plane. This thing minimised the spot on my face just in 1 flight (9 hours), and I think it's amazing. The Origins Spot Treatment would be one of my most effective skincare I've ever tried and it last so long as you only need just a lil touch.

My last skincare of the year is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising lotion. I've been using the Gel formula for so long without thinking about trying the lotion one. After I accidentally bought the wrong formula, I decided to give it a try and I found that it works so well with my dry skin even in hot weather. I can feel that my makeup applied so smoothly on this moisturiser without feeling heavy. If you are fan of Clinique moisturiser, give this one a try and you'll love it.

My last favourite that I just discover is the Soap and Glory Breakfast Scrub, which I completely fell in love with. After I ran out of my &other stories scrub, I pick up this one randomly as I heard so many people talk about it. At first, I don't like the smell from the jar that much as I think it's too strong, but when I try, it leaves such a nice smell on my skin and also exfoliate the dry skin that I'm struggling with right now.

There's the end of the last blog post of 2016, I hope you had a really nice and festive christmas and Happy new year to ya all! 


<3
Pali

No comments:

Post a Comment