Header with Navigation

Wednesday 13 January 2016

White Wins?

*This is just a muttering post about something I experience recently

Normally I don't post on Wednesday but recently I saw the advertised video of the brand "Soul Secret" that if you're white, you all wins. As I live in Thailand and grown up here, I experienced many people strict to the idea that to be beautiful you have to be white. I personally don't like that value of the beautiful white girl, not meant to be racist to anything but I think every women is beautiful in her own way. In Thailand, it used to be almost impossible to find the moisturiser without whitening (now there are few which don't contain).

Before that, I don't have any problems with the advertiser about the whitening moisturiser that make your skin brighter but this ads make me think that the value of people about the whiteness goes too far and become intolerable. There are many people here in Thailand still love tan skin. I don't think it's necessary for this brand to compare the white and the tan skin because everyone has their own preference.

I just felt like it's not acceptable value in this society but I couldn't do anything about it so I just wanna say that it's not wrong to advertise about your whitening product but it's also not true to compare and discriminate those who don't prefer to be pale.


No comments:

Post a Comment