Header with Navigation

Friday 8 April 2016

My Favourite Cranberry Bread


Couldn't find any hot cross bun in my country, I decide to make one myself. I found this recipe long time ago and I adapt it a lil bit in my own way to make it softer and easier to bake. This is the cranberry bun which you need only dried cranberry as fresh berry is very expensive in Thailand. This is my most favourite breakfast to grab when I don't have time in the morning.

you'll need :

  • 125 g bread flour
  • 125 g all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp yeast or 7g 
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
  • 1/8 tsp mixed spice 
  • zest of half orange 
  • half orange juice
  • 60ml warm milk 
  • 55ml warm water
  • 1/2 egg. - I usually beat the egg and just use half of it.
  • 25g melted butter 
  • 60g fried cranberry 


  1. Put the yeast to warm water with a lil bit of sugar (tapid water is perfect) and wait for the yeast to grow
  2. Meanwhile, combine flour, sugar, spice, salt together 
  3. Add egg. warm milk, and melted butter
  4. When yeast start to raise, add to the mixture above
  5. Add zest of orange 
  6. Add dried cranberry soaked in orange juice 
  7. Leave in a warm place for 1 hour until the flour is double in size. 
  8. Divide the mixture into 8 bun then leave it for more hour until it become double in size
  9. Preheat your over to 200 degree Celsius 
  10. Bake for 15-20 mins 
  11. After it cool down, I like to mix a lil bit of apricot jam with warm water and brush on teh surface of the bun, It'll give a glossy texture which make it look so yummy! 


<3
Pali


No comments:

Post a Comment